Every day, there are more cases of COVID-19 being reported and tragically more deaths. It’s a difficult time, and almost no nation is untouched by the tragedy.
However, despite the sorrow, there have been stories of incredible gratitude, support, and generosity in the wake of this global health crisis.
8 Examples of Hope and Inspiration Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic
We thought we’d share a few of the stories of hope that lifted our spirits, including one (#8) that hits really close to home.
- Videos of people in Italy singing together from their balconies while social-distancing can be found all over the Internet.
- Disneyland donated all of their extra food to a food bank after the company was forced to shut down the park.
- Numerous distilleries have shifted their production from beverages to hand sanitizer.
- Many clothing designers and manufacturers have started to produce masks.
- Young children have made cards for elderly residents of nursing homes who have been unable to receive visits from their families.
- All over the country, citizens have been seen cheering on doctors, nurses, police, first responders, grocery store employees, restaurant workers, and all kinds of essential personnel. The Direct Support Workers, who assist our disabled population, deserve their own round of applause.
- Recently, callers into the New Jersey 101.5 radio station were reporting on how they planned to share their stimulus check with those who are less fortunate.
- And right here in our backyard of Old Bridge, New Jersey, Dr. Scharfman took pictures of uplifting messages written on the sidewalk (see below) as he approached his office building at Hackensack Meridian, Raritan Bay Medical Center.
This particular message says:
We’re all in this together, even if we can’t hold hands right now.
And the walkway was just filled with them — so may encouraging words and thoughts from caring individuals who are cheering on our medical professionals.
Thank You for Your Support, Too
As we move further into this pandemic, navigating an uncertain future, it gives us great pleasure to see and feel your support. We really are all in this together.
And we’ll get through this together, too.
Leave a Reply