After many weeks of limited office hours amid New Jersey’s state-wide lockdown, our office is now taking steps to fully reopen so we may continue to address your eye care needs. We’re currently open to see patients on a case-by-case basis, depending on the urgency of your need.
Additionally, we’re doing everything we can to ensure your safety and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
What to Know Before Your Office Visit
- Come alone if possible — Come to your appointment alone unless you require a companion for physical or medical assistance. If you arrive with a companion, they will be asked to wait in your vehicle during your appointment time.
- Await instructions upon your arrival — Knock on the waiting room door upon your arrival. You can also call 732-607-0555 to let us know you have arrived. We ask that family members wait in the car unless the patient is a minor or needs assistance.
- Our waiting room is restricted — To reduce the risk to all, we plan to minimize the number of patients in the office at any one time. Access to our waiting room will be carefully monitored.
- Face covering required — Please bring a face covering from home to wear into the office.
- Hand-washing requested — Before your appointment begins, you will be asked to wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitizer.
Screening Questions to Protect Other Patients and our Staff
Be prepared to have your temperature taken on your forehead and answer the following COVID-19 screening questions:
- Have you had a fever in the last 5 days?
- Do you have a new cough that you cannot attribute to another health condition?
- Do you have (or have you had) any shortness of breath?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Do you live with or have you been exposed to anyone who has tested positive to COVID-19?
If your temperature is more than 99.5 or if you answered yes to any of the above screening questions, you will be asked to reschedule for a minimum of 14 days later.
12 Things We Are Doing To Protect You
Your safety and the safety of our other patients is paramount. Here are 12 office policies we’ve adopted to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Conducting pre-screenings on all patients being seen.
- Taking temperatures on all patients.
- Screening and taking morning temperatures on all employees.
- Thorough disinfection of treatment rooms between each patient using approved medical-grade disinfecting agents. We have ALWAYS done this.
- Utilizing the new treatment room technologies of Air filtration with UV and Ozone disinfection.
- Disinfection of all public and common surfaces several times each day.
- Providing the use of hand sanitizer before and after your appointment.
- All staff will wear face covers and use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Maintaining a minimal number of patients in the office at any given time.
- If necessary, we’ll conduct a pre-visit telephonic medical history update.
- Utilizing contact-free payment options.
- Lastly, we’ve installed breath barriers for the all the examination equipment, as well as the check-in and check-out stations.
At Atlantic Medical Eye Care, rest assured that we’re doing everything we can to keep you safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any concerns, please contact us — we’re here to help.
For more information about how our office is handling the Coronavirus crisis, please see our COVID-19 patient information page.
Leave a Reply